Last month was my first time participating in a fabulous program called Foodie Penpals started by Lindsay over at The Lean Green Bean. I enjoyed it so much last month that I decided to come back for another round.
This month I received lots of goodies from the lovely Kate. I mentioned that I like healthy foods, but I do love sweets and those gnu bars hit the spot! I’d been eyeing them at the store for a couple weeks, but hadn’t tried any yet. Clearly those were the first to go!
The other sweet treats are those mini Ritter German chocolates. When you open a little package, they’re broken up into 4 even mini-er bites. I love it! I can just take 1 little square at a time. And they’re going pretty quickly.. square, by square, by square…..
I may have been most excited to try the spicy chipotle sea snax. I’ve heard so much about seaweed crisps but haven’t been able to find them and let me tell you, just as the package says, they are strangely addicting! And now I must find them!
Last but not least, I have yet to try the coconut wraps, but I can’t wait! There are so many new types of gluten-free wraps to try and the idea of using a mixture of coconut meat and coconut water is incredible! I will definitely be posting once I do finally try them.
Finally, because I know everyone wants so badly to be a part of this amazing foodie penpals program..find out how!
- On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
- Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
- Foodie Penplas is open to U.S. & Canadian residents. Please note, Canadian residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from U.S. to Canada and vice versa. So Lindsay keeps the two countries separate.
If you’re interested in participating for May, CLICK HERE to fill out the participation form and read the terms and conditions. You have to submit your information by May 4.